Allstaters share a common commitment to helping others. Every day, we’re focused on three things:
- Helping people who are our customers
- Building a business that provides good returns to shareholders
- Improving our local communities
These commitments come together in our corporate responsibility efforts.
Allstate is working to create the 22nd century corporation. One that is a Force For Good. Customers, shareholders and employees will be well served. The people, capabilities and resources that are driving this transformation will also be focused on improving the local communities where we work and live. Customers will do business with us because of who we are, not just what we sell.
Allstate’s approach to corporate responsibility is innovative, focused and long-term. Following are a few highlights:
- We have taken innovative approaches to reducing teen driving fatalities and reducing inner-city violence.
- Over the past decade, our many new approaches to helping victims of domestic violence have been recognized for their meaningful impact.
- To date, our programs have helped more than 1.5 million young drivers and 580,000 survivors of domestic violence.
- We are partnering with Free The Children to support and reward youth for volunteering all across America.
- Some 67 percent of agency owners and employees are involved in community service.
- In 2014, The Allstate Foundation, Allstate Corporation, employees and agency owners gave $34 million to support local communities. Over the past decade, Allstate’s total giving reached nearly $300 million.
Our commitment to be a leading corporate citizen includes Allstate’s business practices as well. Our strong focus on a multicultural workplace and supplier network was recognized by Diversity Inc., which named Allstate to its Top 50 Companies for Diversity list for the fourth consecutive year. In addition, Allstate was recently recognized by Ethisphere Institute, the global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices, as a 2015 World’s Most Ethical Company. We also continued to lead in the fight against insurance fraud, leveraging our big data capabilities to detect criminal activity and to help avoid passing on these costs to consumers. Finally, in the past year we surpassed our long-term goal to reduce energy use in our owned facilities by 20 percent—six years ahead of schedule.
Through our actions we’re helping people live a good life—today and for years to come. I hope you will take a closer look at our achievements and ongoing opportunity areas on our new Corporate Responsibility Report website.
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer